- Opening Prayer: Welcome Jesus as our Healer
- Think of a person whom you feel betrayed by
- Choose a specific painful memory
- Write down what happened
- Pitch what you feel/felt (discreet about details)
- Invite Jesus into that memory as the One we betrayed
- Write down what He says and does
- Pitch around, what you Notice/Like/Wondered
- Spirit: ask God for next steps
- Pitch around; next person prays for grace for you to follow-through
- Share communion 1 Corinthians 11:23-29
- Closing Prayer
This week is the “Jubilee” recap, ending Season 1 (2021A) of Discipling by Jesus.
Season 2 (2021B) starts the week of April 11th and runs through Pentecost.
Registration will be available soon.
Robby and I are inclined to NOT host any sessions for Season 2, in order to create space for new people to Host. Instead, we are inclined to act as Sponsors to walk alongside new Hosts, who have full autonomy to manage their Sessions as they see fit.
Please let us know ASAP if you are interested!
Discipling By Jesus aims to become an:
of people who practice denying themselves, taking up their cross, and follow Jesus.Continue reading
My current best understanding of what we are trying to accomplish in DBJ.
- Learn and model what it means to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Jesus in a nominally Christianized culture.
- Develop a “Jesus Study” format where people who think they know Jesus and the Bible encounter the living Messiah by soaking together in Scripture and the Spirit
- Leverage the unprecedented global adoption of video conferencing for publicly practicing fellowship and repentance, in order to draw others to the cross of Christ rather than church buildings.
Anyone is welcome to Host their own Session of Discipling By Jesus. You are free to adapt and reuse the Format and Playlists on this site under the Creative Commons Attribution license by, e.g., simply linking back to https://2transform.us/dbj/.
These materials were initially developed to serve Innovating Gospelized Western English-speaking Technophiles (IGWET). We would love to list alternate Editions from other languages and subcultures. Contact this Edition’s Steward Ernest Prabhakar for details.
Recommended PracticesContinue reading
Our very first official session (on Thursday) started with me explaining (and arguably demonstrating) the idea of “Dog Park Church.”
Robby built on this with several novel innovations as he launched our first “franchised” session on Friday:Continue reading
- repentance vs obedience
- growing all of us closer to Jesus vs multiplying disciples among the lost
Thank you to everyone who registered for the “Discipling By Jesus” workshop. We look forward to starting this 7-week journey with you and Jesus at two sessions: 7pm PST Thursday or 10:30 AM PST Friday.
Here’s a few things you should know:Continue reading
Tickets now available for our inaugural season, starting February 25th/26th
Discipling by Jesus is a novel public co-devotional format, where we help each other learn and demonstrate how to keep growing closer to Jesus, via His Word & Spirit, Body & Blood. We come together online for seven weeks to read, meditate, journal, and respond to how Jesus discipled Peter in the gospels.Continue reading
[Shout out to blog reader Kate for pushing me to publish this early!]
- The Calling of Peter: Luke 5:1-11
- Walking on the Water: Matthew 14:22-33
- Peter Confesses and Rebukes Jesus: Matthew 16:13-28
- Mount of Transfiguration: Matthew 17:1-13
- Peter Denies Jesus: Luke 22:31-62
- Jesus Restores Peter: John 21:1-25
Thank you for being part of The Great Reset [also applies to Discipling By Jesus]. We want to honor your vulnerability at participating in this live stream, so please let us know if you are ever not comfortable with:
- Publishing the video,
- Answering a question, or
- Deviating from the published agenda.
In particular, everyone always has the freedom to acknowledge a line of discussion as important, yet choose (for whatever reason) to discuss it later, or in a different forum (aka “The Pause Protocol“).
We are committed to helping you feel safe enough to fully engage in the work God is doing among us. Please let us know how we can do better.
The Great Reset Crew