This Wednesday (June 30, 2021) I invite you to join me in encountering God’s wisdom in Ecclesiastes 3, as part of the Bay Area Summer Peer Mentoring group for the Octet Collaborative.
We will be using a heart-centered “reflective practice,” as opposed to the mind-centered “discursive practice” I used in bible studies at MIT. The goal is to create space for our spirits to receive grace from Jesus through His Word and His Body, which I have become convinced is the key to bearing lasting fruit.
Please bring paper & pen, as each section includes time for silent reflection and journaling before we share. The Sections are:
- Peer Interviews
- MIT Year, Course & Housing
- Family/living situation
- Current job
- Faith Journey
- Why you are here tonight
- The Word (Ecclesiastes 3)
- Share a Question to Ponder
- The Body (Listen/Repeat/Pray)
- Where do you need grace from Jesus to live out His wisdom?
- Moving Forward
- What do you want to remember from today’s practice?
- When and where should we meet next?