COTB is designed specifically for people who feel they have been betrayed by someone close to them (as Jesus was). This is a very deep wound that requires extraordinary grace.
Special thanks to Jamie Winship of Identity Exchange for his input and encouragement.
- Opening Prayer: Welcome Jesus as our Healer
- Think of a person whom you feel betrayed by
- Choose a specific painful memory
- Write down what happened
- Pitch what you feel/felt (be discreet about details)
- Invite Jesus into that memory, as the One we ourselves have betrayed
- Write down what He says and does
- Pitch around, what you Notice/Like/Wondered
- Ask God for next steps
- Pitch around; next person prays for grace for you to follow-through
- Share communion 1 Corinthians 11:23-29
- Closing Prayer: Celebrate Jesus as our Redeemer, who paid the price for all the sins done against us.