As followers of Jesus, we invite you to be transformed with us on The Great Reset (Tuesdays at 1pm) as we are led by His Word to love more like Jesus.
Question: Should we be focused on obeying Jesus or abiding in Him?
Perspective: That’s the wrong question. We need to learn the obedience that springs from abiding in Him, as well as the abiding that bears fruit in obedience.
While discussing Discipled by Scripture, I realized I had learned two completely different modes of relating to Jesus:
This is so deeply ingrained in me I have a hard time even thinking any of those words without falling into that dichotomy. I was forced to coin a new term “Abid-ience” to help me reframe my mental models.
Anyone have a better suggestion?
- Grace-filled Obedience (Bonus Great Reset, S5E3A)
- John Wesley’s Question: ‘How IS Your Doing?”
- Jesus at the home of Mary & Martha (Luke 10:38-42)
- The Sheep and The Goats (Matthew 25:31-46)
- Faith and Deeds (James 2:14-26)