Discipled By Scripture
Draft 8 • 8 December 2020
As followers of Jesus, we invite you to learn along with us
as we practice encountering Jesus in His Word & Spirit, Body & Blood,
so we are transformed to love more like Him.
[See also: Asker/Responder Chain]
- Pause for one minute of reflection and journaling
- Starter is first Asker and last Responder
- Asker chooses next Responder, asks Questions
- Responder becomes next Asker
A. Accountability (Grace)
- Welcome each other and the Holy Spirit.
- Shared Selah: Last time’s Decisions
- What has been most exciting/challenging about following through with Loving More Like Jesus?
- How and where did you see Jesus in that?
- Is there anything else making it hard for you to engage in today’s session?
- (optional): Can I pray for you about that?
B. Bible (Storying)
- Reader: Reads the narrative aloud, then hides it
- Reteller: Paraphrases as much of the story as they remember
- Reinforcements: Fill in other aspects, as they remember
- Re-reader: Opens and re-reads the passage, leaving it open
- Reviewers (all): Highlight anything we didn’t recall
C. Contemplation (Listening)
- Shared Selah: Today’s narrative
D. Decision (Growth)
- Shared Selah: Contemplations from today’s narrative
- Question: Who might God want you to bless with what you learned? How do you plan to do that?
E. Encouragement (Prayer)
- Worship God for what He has done
- Praise Him for what He is going to do this week
- Rejoice at how Christ is revealing His grace and power to us and the world
F. Follow-on (Iteration)
- Choose who will Start the next session
- Shared Selah: Today’s contemplations and decisions
- Question: What do you “like” about how this session went, and “wonder” if we could do better?