We wrap up this Season’s discussion of the Biastes Co-Discipleship Network on the 1pm PST Tuesday, Aug 11, 2020 episode of The Great Reset, by attempting to practice what we have been preaching.
Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other.John 13:34-35 MSG
Question: How can we ensure we are following Jesus, not men?
Perspective: Deliberately practice loving all His followers as Jesus has loved us.
- Deeply understand just how Jesus has loved His disciples. Particularly in (and out of) our brokenness, shame, and denial of Him.
- Embrace, as fellow members of the Body of Christ, everyone who says they follow Jesus. Especially those we think are doing it wrong.
- Publicly commit to love each of them as Jesus has loved us.
- Design structures that help us keep getting better at that, as we have tried to do for, e.g., The Great Commission (missions) and The Greatest Commandments (sunday worship services)
- Spread stories of what that looks like in practice, to increase awareness and momentum
- Start with us. Right here. Right now.
- “I beg you, brothers and sisters, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that all of you agree with each other and not be split into groups. I beg that you be completely joined together by having the same kind of thinking and the same purpose.” — 1 Corinthians 1:10
- “But that doesn’t matter. All that matters is that people are telling about Christ, whether they are sincere or not. This is what makes me glad. I will keep on being glad.” — Philippians 1:18
- “Try your best to let God’s Spirit keep your hearts united. Do this by living at peace.” — Ephesians 4:3
- “He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.” — Ephesians 4:16
2 thoughts on “TGR-S3E6: Re-Cognition of Discipleship”
Where can I post my notes and resources?
Here’s a resource that is highly relevant to this topic:
Hope and Change for Humpty Dumpty: Successful Steps to Healing, Growth and Discipleship
Dr. Gary Sweeten
This book offers replicable Christ-centered models for interpersonal communication, group communication, societal communication, and productive interaction.
Everybody is a problem, has a problem, lives with problems or causes problems. If you have personal difficulties, deal with problem people or find yourself in conflict, Hope and Change for Humpty Dumpty will help you survive and thrive.
Listen / Observe
Understand / Adapt
Evaluate / Decide
Guide / Lead
Here is fine. 🙂