- What about the Body of Christ most breaks the heart of God?
- What is the impossible thing that, if we were able to do it, would change everything?
May they all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us, so that the world may believe you sent me.John 17:21
- I believe the most urgent and important problem for us Biastes to solve is helping Christ’s followers enjoy greater unity: within our selves, communities. and society
- This chief obstacle to this is unrecognized sin, which blocks us from deeper union with God, His purposes and each other
- Personal spiritual disciplines and corporate worship services only go so far at helping us overcome those blind spots
- We also need to deliberately practice new ways of relating to each other if we are to effectively act as Christ’s body on earth
- The challenge is how to create that level of Clarity, Competence and Cohesion without one of us taking Control
- The most effective relational context is missional teams devoted to psychological safety (e.g., Project Aristotle, 12-step programs)
- To get more (and better) of those, we need to capture, iterate, and promote their most useful practices
- The first step is simply and openly documenting our mission, and the relational practices we enroll in to accomplish that, so we become more mutually and externally accountable for following through
- The next step is co-creating incentives and tools to help all of us keep doing that better
- There is no step three
- Any questions?