For the third part of my trilogy on leadership development, I want to focus on practical skills. Here’s my short list (twelve, again) of the key abilities I believe leaders need to cultivate. Anything you would add or subtract?
- Personal Bible Study: Understanding Scripture for ourselves
- Warfare Prayer: How to shake the heavens.
- The Slow Fast: Emptying ourselves to be filled.
- Memorizing the Word: Sharpening the Sword for battle.
- Daily Journaling: Tracking God’s activity over time.
- Cultivating Spiritual Gifts: For what has God made us?
- Failing Courageously: Taking risks, making mistakes, and learning from them.
- Good Things in Small Groups: Building missional communities.
- Constructive Criticism: ‘Tis as important to receive as to give
- Counseling and Discipleship: Helping people reflect God’s glory and grace.
- Friendship Evangelism: How to get Jesus into people’s hearts.
- Public Speaking: Communicating clearly and concisely.