Apologies for the pretentious title, but I wanted to challenge myself to identify and reorganize the lessons we covered in last year’s leadership class into a coherent prescription for facing down “Ministry Killers”. The idea is that each of these “steps” would be a single “life lesson”, but that together they provide the “full armor of God.“
What do you think? Did I miss anything important?
- Crucified Shame: Christ’s death heals our deepest needs and fears.
- Holistic Spirituality: the Holy Spirit superintending our heart, soul, mind and strength.
- Deep Repentance: confessing and correcting the underlying attitudes and beliefs that thwart God’s will
- Reconciled Relationships: replacing anger and bitterness with forgiveness and trust
- Authentic Accountability: frequent interactions on serious issues with a few close friends
- Submissive Servanthood: honoring our superiors in the way we carry out our ministry
- Humble Religiosity: pursuing personal holiness while preventing prideful legalism
- Healthy Sexuality: finding wholeness in constructive ways by dealing with the wounds that could destroy us
- Harmonious Families: holiness and happiness via respectful marital, parental, and filial relationships
- Sound Financials: giving to God and saving for the future
- Vocational Integrity: aligning our work and career with God’s larger call on our lives
- Sanctifying Sabbath: how genuine rest forces us to prioritize and face painful truths