What if we as Christians redefined our current understanding of “holiness” to match what God intended in Genesis, and Christ demonstrated in the gospels?Continue reading
Question: How can we all get better at loving everyone the way Jesus does?
Perspective: By publicly playing a game where we practice, observe, and learn the relevant skills.Continue reading
Question: How do we shift the focus of the Body of Christ from “getting fed” to “getting fit” (to represent Jesus)?Continue reading
Question: How can we all get better at actually loving each other the way Jesus does?
- Use public roleplaying to
- deliberately practice specific techniques
- that simultaneously build autonomy, authenticity, and empathy
- Question: What would it take to focus the whole Body of Christ on fulfilling His Commission and Commandments, by prioritizing the discipling of all peoples into loving as Jesus does?
- Perspective: A decentralized network of self-replicating Christ-Centered Chat Circles
How should members of Christ’s Body best relate to internal and external human authorities and institutions, in order to continually increase God’s Kingdom?Continue reading
Question: What in God’s name are we trying to do here?
- Bring a greater experience of Heaven to all Creation, as we
- Publicly prototype, model & describe co-constructing networked communities of practice, where we
- Together find, refine & fulfill each member’s God-given calling, to
- Keep growing us all closer to Jesus; in love, likeness & living.
Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other.John 13:34-35 MSG
Question: How can we ensure we are following Jesus, not men?
Perspective: Deliberately practice loving all His followers as Jesus has loved us.Continue reading
- What about the Body of Christ most breaks the heart of God?
- What is the impossible thing that, if we were able to do it, would change everything?
May they all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us, so that the world may believe you sent me.John 17:21
Question: What would it take to truly overcome systemic inequity and relational brokenness?
Perspective: Revolutionary systems effectively honoring Christlike humble serviceContinue reading
Continuing our discussion of the Biastes Co-Discipleship Network, our 1pm PST Tuesday, July 28, 2020 episode of The Great Reset proposes a radical new social architecture that aligns our solutions with human need, rather than vice versa.
What would it take for us to become more effective at curing systemic inequity and relational brokenness?Continue reading
What is the most effective and scalable context for co-constructing disciples of Jesus?Continue reading
The Biastes continue Season 3 of The Great Reset by attempting to articulate concrete commitments we can make together to help us become better husbands and fathers, yet at the same time advance Christ’s purposes on multiple levels.
“He must become greater; I must become less.” — John 3:30
Question: How can we as men, whatever our occupation and family situation, make every action count for the Kingdom of God?Continue reading
This Tuesday on July 7th, 2020 we kick off Season 3 of The Great Reset by introducing oikotics, a novel discipline that unifies economics, politics, psychology & religion.
Question: What is the most useful and healthy way to think about money?
Perspective: Money is the most decentralized mechanism yet for a society to distribute Resources, Status and Relationships. As such, it complements — and competes with! — family, religion, and the state.Continue reading
What is the Most Important Thing to collectively keep getting better at doing, in order for us and the world to experience the fullness of God’s Kingdom (Love)?Continue reading
- What if education is the wrong paradigm?
- What if that is actually the problem, not the solution?
- What if it can only work via Cultural Superiority, deliberately marginalizing some in order to elevate others?
- What if flourishing in the Kingdom of Man ultimately makes us enemies of the Kingdom of God?
- What if teachers are only supposed to show what we have learned, without requiring others to agree?
- What if by eating at the Tree of the Knowledge, we have cut ourselves off from the Tree of Life?
- What if God is giving us a chance to start over?
Next Tuesday, June 16, 2020 our Biastes public discipleship men’s group will continue using The Great Reset in Education as a lens to explore issues of racism and repentance in the wake of the Killing of George Floyd.
How can we retrain ourselves to measure everything against the reality of Jesus Christ — instead of our own understanding?
Cf. Peter rebuking Jesus — and vice versa (Matthew 16:21-25)
Create systems where we are repeatedly:
- Emptied of our shame via the cross
- Submitting ourselves to be filled with power by the Holy Spirit
- Using those to connect transformationally with the Other
We continue this Season’s focus on The Great Reset of Education at Tuesday 6/9, 1 PM Pacific. In particular, we are wrestling with hard questions of justice and repentance in light of the recent killing of George Floyd.
Question: How do we teach people where they need to repent?
- What should followers of Jesus condemn?
- What would that require us to tolerate?
- Judging others from a position of Power
- Judging behavior from a position of Authority
- Judging ourselves from a position of Vulnerability
We continue this Season’s focus on The Great Reset of Education at Tuesday 6/2, 1 PM Pacific.
How do we raise up those who follow to represent Jesus better than we have?
A Constructivist Manifesto for Decentralizing Church
(Inspired by the Agile Manifesto)Continue reading
We continue this Season’s focus on The Great Reset of Education at Tuesday 5/26, 1 PM Pacific on YouTube live.
Question: How do we prepare learners to inherit the fullness of God’s Kingdom in their lives?
Perspective: By rebuilding education on a foundation of:
- Innovation vs Preservation
- Abundance vs Scarcity
- Growth vs Fixed Mindset