What is the Most Important Thing to collectively keep getting better at doing, in order for us and the world to experience the fullness of God’s Kingdom (Love)?Continue reading
- What if education is the wrong paradigm?
- What if that is actually the problem, not the solution?
- What if it can only work via Cultural Superiority, deliberately marginalizing some in order to elevate others?
- What if flourishing in the Kingdom of Man ultimately makes us enemies of the Kingdom of God?
- What if teachers are only supposed to show what we have learned, without requiring others to agree?
- What if by eating at the Tree of the Knowledge, we have cut ourselves off from the Tree of Life?
- What if God is giving us a chance to start over?
Next Tuesday, June 16, 2020 our Biastes public discipleship men’s group will continue using The Great Reset in Education as a lens to explore issues of racism and repentance in the wake of the Killing of George Floyd.
How can we retrain ourselves to measure everything against the reality of Jesus Christ — instead of our own understanding?
Cf. Peter rebuking Jesus — and vice versa (Matthew 16:21-25)
Create systems where we are repeatedly:
- Emptied of our shame via the cross
- Submitting ourselves to be filled with power by the Holy Spirit
- Using those to connect transformationally with the Other
We continue this Season’s focus on The Great Reset of Education at Tuesday 6/9, 1 PM Pacific. In particular, we are wrestling with hard questions of justice and repentance in light of the recent killing of George Floyd.
Question: How do we teach people where they need to repent?
- What should followers of Jesus condemn?
- What would that require us to tolerate?
- Judging others from a position of Power
- Judging behavior from a position of Authority
- Judging ourselves from a position of Vulnerability
We continue this Season’s focus on The Great Reset of Education at Tuesday 6/2, 1 PM Pacific.
How do we raise up those who follow to represent Jesus better than we have?
A Constructivist Manifesto for Decentralizing Church
(Inspired by the Agile Manifesto)Continue reading
We continue this Season’s focus on The Great Reset of Education at Tuesday 5/26, 1 PM Pacific on YouTube live.
Question: How do we prepare learners to inherit the fullness of God’s Kingdom in their lives?
Perspective: By rebuilding education on a foundation of:
- Innovation vs Preservation
- Abundance vs Scarcity
- Growth vs Fixed Mindset
To the tune of Psalm 22.
Oh Lord! How long must I wait? How kong will you leave me in dismay?
The one I love has turned against me. Her teeth rip into my skin. Hard sticks break my bones.
Lord, I am not innocent in your eyes. Who can stand before your perfect justice? Who can measure up to your standards of holiness?
But I have humbled myself before God and man — and woman! I have searched my heart and confessed my sins against those who have wronged me. I have repaid good for evil, and forgiven those who plotted against me.
Lord, look down with mercy upon your servant, who trusts in you. You alone are my hope and salvation. I am like one struck dumb. All my words are turned against me.
Save me O Lord. You are my only hope.
- Question: How do we love like Jesus?
- Perspective: I will love the “Other” as Jesus loved me.
- Premise: Love is a muscle that strengthens through deliberate practice
- Inspiration: “I only start counting when it starts hurting.” — Muhammad Ali
What does God want:
- Of us
- For Us
- From Us
My answer: Whole-I-ness (Holiness/Wholeness)
- A whole world
- Of whole people
- Loving all of the one God
The Great Reset: Becoming the Church Decentralized
Episode 1 • April 3, 2020 AD
Public Discipleship as Exercise for the Body of Christ
Speaker Domaĝanto: Question Tamer in Esperanto
- Assumptions to Discuss
- A1: Nothing on earth is more important than becoming (loving) like Jesus
- A2: That includes becoming like Him in His sufferings (“drinking from His cup”)
- A3: God as a good Father sometimes asks us, like Jesus, to embrace things we don’t see as good for us.
- Questions to Answer
- Q1: Are we also willing to submit to the Father’s plan, no matter how painful?
- Q2: What is the suffering God might be calling each of us to rejoice in, rather than reject?
- Q3: What is the joy set before us, that would make it all worthwhile?
|#||Expanding Our||Beyond Just||To Also Include|
|1||Identity||Exclusive Tribes||Expansive Unity|
|3||Goals||Moral Causes||Multi-level |
|7||Following Jesus||Joining a Crowd||Carrying a Cross|
|8||Trust||Our Leaders||Our Followers|
[Update: see my background thinking in Draft 2]
Christianity Beyond is a movement of ordinary people who are learning how to make the same kind of extraordinary impact as the Jesus they love. We honor all the ways people have sought to follow Jesus in the past and present, but dare to go beyond that in order to demonstrate to a watching world just how good and worthy Jesus is.
Online Version https://forms.gle/xraVo3KsSSQ5npTV8
This worksheet is designed to help you achieve victory over the spiritual and psychological “curses” that prevent you from living the abundant life God intends for you. Specifically, it provides a structured format for us to “come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:6). The idea of making petitions to a heavenly judge is inspired by the idea of literal heavenly courts as taught by Robert Henderson and others, but you can also use it metaphorically as an advanced Twelve Steps program for taking ground in other aspects of your life.Continue reading
RSVP stands for the four steps I have been using to help my spirit align with God’s purposes for my life:
- Rejoice: Meditate on yesterday’s emotional highs and lows until you find a way to rejoice in them
- Shalom: Repeat until you can rest in God’s peace. Over time your “set point” of how much peace you expect will increase.
- Vision: From that place of Peace, ask God what to focus on today. As part of this, I like to read a short devotional, look up relevant Bible verses, and God for a single “theme” word for the day to prime my thinking.
- Praise: Finish by affirming God’s sovereignty over everything that is going to happen, and thanking Him for showing up.