- Opening Prayer: Welcome Jesus as our Healer
- Identify a person (privately) with whom you have a broken relationship
- Choose a specific painful memory
- Write down what happened
- Pitch what you feel/felt (discreet about details)
- Invite Jesus into that memory
- Communion of the Betrayed
- Write down what He says and does
- Pitch around, what you Notice/Like/ Wondered
- Spirit: ask God for next steps
- Pitch around; next person prays for grace for you to follow-through
- Closing Prayer
I stare at the Multitude gathered before Eve, here in Hades’ Box at the End of the World.
Waiting to tear us limb from limb.
Adam: Fear not, my son. I did. I AM!
by Apostle Gabriel Cross The Lord has revealed to me, the spirit of self, in the life of many believers, which is the spirit of division. One is divided against oneself, always second guessing themselves or what God is saying to them. The spirit of division, hinders and retards you or stops you from fulfilling […]The Spirit Of Self — Pure Glory
This week is the “Jubilee” recap, ending Season 1 (2021A) of Discipling by Jesus.
Season 2 (2021B) starts the week of April 11th and runs through Pentecost.
Registration will be available soon.
Robby and I are inclined to NOT host any sessions for Season 2, in order to create space for new people to Host. Instead, we are inclined to act as Sponsors to walk alongside new Hosts, who have full autonomy to manage their Sessions as they see fit.
Please let us know ASAP if you are interested!
Father and I have been taken prisoner by female guards.
I have no idea what is going on.
I wonder if we were betrayed by Hades, when he opened the Box in his Office.
Then I see Adam.
He no longer looks like a truant Child.
He looks like a Man who has stared Death in the eye.
And Death knelt at his feet and called him Master.
I hope he doesn’t do anything stupid.
Then I realize stupidity is inevitable, whenever Man sees Woman.
So instead I start to pray.
Pray he does the Right Stupid Thing.
Eve Continue reading
Where the Hades should I go now?
All the people I care about aren’t here yet.
Jesus warned me I only had a brief time with the Master Key of St. Peter.
How the heck am I supposed to empty out Hell?
Which one person could I reach or succor that could make an outsized difference?
Oh. Duh. I guess there’s a reason I bear his name.
Discipling By Jesus aims to become an:
of people who practice denying themselves, taking up their cross, and follow Jesus.Continue reading
Dedicated to my Father.
- God is in control.
- We are absolutely on track for the future He has for us and our loved ones.
- How quickly and thoroughly we yield to Him determines how fast and painful it will be to reach that future
ASK Better Questions
a) What in Ernie needs to change?
b) What in me needs to change?
- Set a time to seek the Holy Spirit for answers
- Write down whatever you hear
- Present it to me as “This is what I think I heard,”
- Not “This is what I think you should do.”
Continued from Part 5
I stare at the desk.
As I have for days.
I know I must open it.
But I am terrified of what I might find.
Of what I could become.
I finally reach a trembling hand towards the first drawer.
Suddenly there is a knock on the door!
I nearly crap my pants.
I call out in a shaky voice.
More by reflex than curiosity.
I dare not even imagine who might be coming for me in this place.
The Office of Hades.
“Who is it?” I croak.
“It is I,” replies a voice.
But, surely not here?
It must be a trap.
But I am already trapped.
And I never thought to lock the door.
What have I got to lose?
Continued from Part 4.
I nod to the security guard as I enter the lobby of the 666-story office building.
Surprisingly, the personage I seek has an office on only the 33rd floor.
I walk through the metal detector, smiling apologetically as the arrow through my heart sets off the alarm.
The guard rolls her eyes and waves me through.
I suppose they get all kinds here…
Continued from Part 3
The arrow penetrates my heart.
I feel horror, but no pain.
I black out.
A man wearing a toga and a sweatband stands over me.
H. How are you feeling?
E. Um, not bad for having an arrow in my chest. Can you give me a hand with that?
H. Hmm, I can probably cut off the end of the arrow. And rig up a brace to hold your cracked ribs together enough for you to breathe. That should keep you going.
E. Wait, aren’t you the god of healing?
My current best understanding of what we are trying to accomplish in DBJ.
- Learn and model what it means to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Jesus in a nominally Christianized culture.
- Develop a “Jesus Study” format where people who think they know Jesus and the Bible encounter the living Messiah by soaking together in Scripture and the Spirit
- Leverage the unprecedented global adoption of video conferencing for publicly practicing fellowship and repentance, in order to draw others to the cross of Christ rather than church buildings.