Growing Church Leaders is a transformational small group bible study released in November 2010 by Westbow Press. It was developed at Kingsway Community Church in San Jose, California as a tool to help those who are mature train up the next generation of leaders in their churches to think biblically, live wisely, and serve faithfully.
Consisting of three 12-week modules, this course helps senior leaders nurture practical holiness in a small group of faithful men and women as they commit to:
- Memorize Bible verses
- Read classic Christian books
- Lead devotions, typically from Psalms or Proverbs
- Study entire chapters of the Bible, verse by verse
- Explore how Scripture applies to their lives
- Respond with repentance, action, and worship
The goal of all this is to teach theology, character formation, and christian disciplines in the context of:
- the whole counsel of Scripture
- existing pastoral relationships
- the local church
- loving God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength
Growing Church Leaders by Ernest N. Prabhakar, Ph.D. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License, so you can adapt it to your taste (as long as you allow others to do the same)
Based on a work at Radically Happy.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available by mailing the author.
Scripture quotations are from the New King James Version (NKJV) Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission.
What Christian Leaders are saying:
- “You have produced a Bible study magna cum laude.” — Luis Bush, Transform World.
- “Impressed with the quality of content and presentation…you are to be congratulated on a job well done!” — Barney Coombs, Salt and Light Ministries International
- “I really like the format, and it is well written for easy reading and good learning. I wish you well in this whole venture which I believe will be of great benefit to the Body of Christ.” — Brian Watts, King’s Online Bible School
- “Ernie remained faithful to the teachings entrusted to him while presenting them in his own unique dialogue format. I enjoyed teaching the material in this book and look forward to our next class.” —John Isaacs, Kingsway Community Church