Notes and follow-up discussion on 5/21 Poem: Peaceful See
Yes, God the Father
often sometimes calls us to oppose evil (using lesser evil):
- Adam and Eve sacrificing an animal
- Moses commanding Levites to kill unrepentant loved ones
- Elisha commissioning Jehu to kill Ahab’s family
- Ezra and Nehemiah forcing Jews to divorce their pagan wives
However, this is what I consider using Law to restrain evil, as opposed to using the cross set us Free from evil.
- What do you mean by “Law”? God’s Law, or any law?
- What do you mean by “Free”? Free from oppression, or from sin?