The Biastes continue Season 3 of The Great Reset by attempting to articulate concrete commitments we can make together to help us become better husbands and fathers, yet at the same time advance Christ’s purposes on multiple levels.
“He must become greater; I must become less.” — John 3:30
Question: How can we as men, whatever our occupation and family situation, make every action count for the Kingdom of God?
Perspective: Make ourselves accountable for our core relationships to better Experience, Demonstrate and Understand the Love of Christ by, e.g.:
- Honoring our “fathers”. Even when we disagree; or must intelligently disobey.
- Respecting all women as Christ does the church. Even when they disrespect us (or themselves).
- Raising up our “children” to succeed beyond ourselves.
- Expanding our “work” to spread God’s glory to more of creation.
- Purifying our “selves” to better see Christ and act on His truth.
- Forgiving, identifying with and redeeming “others” who oppose or frustrate us, exactly as Christ did (and does) with us.
I don’t claim to be an expert in these areas; merely a student. I share them precisely because they are the areas I struggle with the most, and I need all the help I can get. Because I believe they represent what is most important, in heaven and on earth.
My dream is to build out a [social] network (and culture) where everyone sees me becoming more like Christ (and optionally vice versa :-).
Anybody want in?
- “From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing [Gk. biazo] , and forceful [Gk. biastes] men lay hold [Gk. harpazo] of it.” Matthew 11:12
- Designing the future of Christianity