Searching for THE right question.
I have come to believe:
- THE central purpose of the church is to make disciples who are continually growing closer to Jesus
- If we do that right, everything else will fall into place
- If we fail at that, nothing else matters
- THE heart of discipleship is living out Jesus’ commands in, e.g., Luke 9:23:
- Deny ourselves
- Take up our cross daily
- Follow Him
- THE reason we fail is that we try to “deny ourselves” and “follow Jesus” without understanding how to “take up our cross daily“
I am convinced THIS is the most important question facing the church today.
I am not convinced I have the answer. But such as I have, I will give you.
[See Part 2, coming soon]
One thought on “How to Take Up Our Cross Daily?”
Perhaps not quite Part 2, but I do wonder if this #DailyRinseCycle is close to what Jesus meant: https://2transform.us/2023/03/19/me-encountering-jesus-2023-03-19/