This week on The Great Reset the Biastes* (and Biasta) try the “Critical Community Protocol” to address an urgent local problem, which might also solve an important global problem.
- Question: What would it take to focus the whole Body of Christ on fulfilling His Commission and Commandments, by prioritizing the discipling of all peoples into loving as Jesus does?
- Perspective: A decentralized network of self-replicating Christ-Centered Chat Circles
He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.Ephesians 4:16
- Christ-centered Village Circles are a key factor in many disciple-making movements (DMMs).
- In developed areas, only university campuses are as cohesive and connected as villages.
- Chat Circles can recreate that 24×7 “ambient intimacy” between scheduled events, enabling the authentic, embedded conversations essential for becoming disciples of Jesus.
- If overlapping Circles were organized into a networked improvement community, we could dramatically accelerate all of us growing closer to Jesus.
- To do this at scale requires an Open Platform that transcends any single vendor or institution, to escape Pournelle’s Iron Law of Bureaucracy.
- Funding such infrastructure requires a sustainable resource model for both Circles and the Platform.
- The most aligned business model is membership:
- Individuals are members of one or more Circles.
- Circles are members of the Cooperative that governs the Platform.
*Biastes (bee-AHS-tays): masculine, plural
- 1) forceful men, as in Matthew 11:12
- 2) public discipleship men’s group founded on April 3rd, 2020 in the shadow of COVID-19.
- See also: Biasta (feminine, singular)