From an interactive Zoom call at 10 AM Pacific on Friday, April 10th, 2020 AD for Episode 2 of The Great Reset: Becoming the Church Decentralized.
Question: How does God loves us? Why is that Good News?
Six-Syllable Gospel: God Loves Us Like Jesus
|Our Father Loves Us|
The Way That…
|Verse||His Role||Our Role||Metric||Risk|
|Jesus Loves Us||John 3:16||Deliverer||Consumer||Inputs||Victimhood|
|He Loves Jesus||2 Cor 5:21||Director||Producer||Outputs||Burnout|
|Makes Us Like Jesus||1 John 2:6||Discipler||Becomer||Outcomes||Self-Help|
- How does this perspective challenge or expand your experience of God’s love?
- Where does your experience of earthly fathers make it easier (or harder) to appreciate certain aspects of God’s love?
- How can we honor them, by building on the foundation they gave us, and even going beyond it?
- How might this perspective be misunderstood, misapplied, or otherwise harmful? What could help prevent that?
- What could we gain if we are willing to lose everything we previously used to define ourselves, as Christ did?