A. Sinner’s Prayer
I confess that you love me better than I can ever love myself.
Please forgive me for putting myself first instead of loving you with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, and my neighbor as myself.
I am sorry for not listening to and obeying you. I open my heart to receive and trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord.
Make me like Jesus through your Spirit, Word, Body, and Blood.
I ask this in the name of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
B. Brief Catechism
- Do you believe the God of Abraham, Moses & David is your perfectly loving Father?
- Do you embrace the cross of Jesus as the only way you can enjoy and share that perfect love?
- Do you renounce the world, the flesh, and the devil so that the Holy Spirit can fill you with His presence and power?
- Do you submit to baptism as a sign that you must always die to your old life in order to be resurrected with Christ?
I thank You for the names I was born into, and for my Christian heritage. But today, I am choosing to be born again in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I accept:
- The God of Abraham, Moses, and David as my God and Father, and affirm that Your love is making all things work out for my good.
- Jesus Christ as my Savior and my Lord, and ask Him to continue transforming me into His image.
- The Holy Spirit as my Counselor and my Comforter, and submit to His conviction of sin, righteousness, and judgement, that I may live a holy and joy-filled life of serving You and my neighbor.
I confess that I will never be able to live that life in my own strength, wisdom, or righteousness. I repent, as I must continue to repent, of trusting in myself and seeking my glory, instead of trusting and glorifying You.
I embrace the Bible as the Word of God, the Church as the Body of Christ, and His Cross as the cure for all my sin and shame.
I pray for the grace, friends, and courage to help me live out HIs commission to make disciples of all nations, and spread Your glory in all the world, by continually emptying myself to be filled with Your Spirit.
For all these reasons I request baptism, to bury my old life along with the death of Jesus, so that my new life can be lived by His resurrection power.
D. Baptismal Prayer
Thank you that I was born into a Christian family with parents who love you and have faith in you. And today, I too accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior.
Jesus, I trust in your promise that my sins are forgiven because you died for me. I know that I will always live in your presence, whether here or in heaven. I am a new person because your Holy Spirit comes to live inside of me.
I want to live the way you want me to as a child of God – and loving others as myself. Though I cannot see you with my eyes, I know you are with me as promised in the Holy Bible which I believe is fully true. The Holy Spirit is also with me to comfort me and guide me.
For these reasons I request that I am baptized, just as Jesus was when he was in the world, as a sign to my parents and others here and also to the Angels in heaven that today I have become your son and want to live to make you happy. I cannot do this by myself – but with your Holy Spirit I can!
I love you Lord!