RSVP stands for the four steps I have been using to help my spirit align with God’s purposes for my life:
- Rejoice: Meditate on yesterday’s emotional highs and lows until you find a way to rejoice in them
- Shalom: Repeat until you can rest in God’s peace. Over time your “set point” of how much peace you expect will increase.
- Vision: From that place of Peace, ask God what to focus on today. As part of this, I like to read a short devotional, look up relevant Bible verses, and God for a single “theme” word for the day to prime my thinking.
- Praise: Finish by affirming God’s sovereignty over everything that is going to happen, and thanking Him for showing up.
Thank you for creating me in Your image, and for loving us like Jesus.
Make me more and more like Jesus as I listen to your Word, your Spirit, and your Body.
Heal the wounds in my spirit that keep me from loving You, myself and others as Jesus did.
Help me show Your love to the world by practicing the generosity and vulnerability Jesus showed on the cross.
Teach me to always rejoice in the privilege of being your child.
I ask this because of everything Jesus did for me. So be it!
Thank you that our family belongs to you.
We confess we need you to free us from our sin and shame so we can love like Jesus.
Give us the grace to:
- Trust you with our desires
- Face our fears
- Reflect on our anger
- Speak the truth in love, and
- Ask for help along the way
We ask this by the blood of Jesus, Amen.
O God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ:
We praise You because You are a good God. In a world that seems filled with brokenness and evil, thank You for taking all that upon Yourself through the cross, so that we might be made whole.
Our hearts go out to the people of Charlottesville, and all those wounded physically and emotionally by the tragic violence of August 12th. We pray especially for the family and friends of Heather Heyer and the police who were killed, that they would experience Your peace and comfort.
Teach us how to leave each other the way you love us.
Make us more like Jesus as we let go of what we want.
Help us hear your voice and obey you
so we can enjoy your abundant life.
We ask this in Jesus name.
Thank you for a new year at Valley Christian Elementary School.
Help our dog Qhuinn and us to adjust to our new life.
Lead us to honor you and care for other people.
Teach us to be kind, forgive, and grow closer as a family.
In Jesus name we pray, Amen.