Philippians 3:13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
At this point in my Christian life my one aspiration is for all of us to Keep Growing Closer to Jesus (KGCJ), in terms of:
- Love: Relationship with Jesus (Worship)
- Likeness: Resemblance to Jesus (Character)
- Living: Real-World Impact for Jesus (Mission)
Previously I had used the phrase “Loving More Like Jesus.” However — while I still agree with that goal in principle — in practice it was starting feel more like Law than Grace. Hence the shift from “loving like” to “growing closer”
[Shout out to blog reader Kate for pushing me to publish this early!]
- The Calling of Peter: Luke 5:1-11
- Walking on the Water: Matthew 14:22-33
- Peter Confesses and Rebukes Jesus: Matthew 16:13-28
- Mount of Transfiguration: Matthew 17:1-13
- Peter Denies Jesus: Luke 22:31-62
- Jesus Restores Peter: John 21:1-25
- Why should the Israelites stay a kilometer behind the ark?
- How does God exalt Joshua? To what end?
- Where should priests keep the presence of God?
- What is the connection between “relationship” and “results”?
- What’s the secret to leading a large group on inconceivable adventures?
Read more to pursue answers in [Joshua 3]