Bringing Heaven to Earth. One Cross at a Time.
[Update: see my background thinking in Draft 2]
Christianity Beyond is a movement of ordinary people who are learning how to make the same kind of extraordinary impact as the Jesus they love. We honor all the ways people have sought to follow Jesus in the past and present, but dare to go beyond that in order to demonstrate to a watching world just how good and worthy Jesus is.
Anjali’s Catechism: The Book is coming in Summer 2019. Preview now.
Are you ready to:
- Embrace the One who created the universe as the Heavenly Father who loves you like Jesus?
- Submit your awareness, values, and goals to becoming more like Christ’s?
- Receive God’s Spirit, Word, and Body to reveal and heal the wounds in your spirit that hinder you from becoming like Jesus?
- Value God’s happiness, glory, and relationships more than your own?
- Practice generosity and vulnerability so others can see Christ in you?
- Surrender childlike happiness for the grown-up joy of loving like Jesus?
Holiness: Open to God
Lots of people admire Jesus. Even those who aren’t Christians often consider him a model for how human beings should treat each other.
Last time we talked about skills that help us become more like Jesus. So why doesn’t everyone practice those skills? Why do we ourselves often do the opposite of what Jesus wants us to do?
Because we have a wound in our spirit.
Part 4 of 6 in the series Childlike Theology
Discipleship is hard. It requires facing ugly truths about ourselves, letting go of coping strategies that served us well in the past, and taking responsibility for larger dysfunctions that really aren’t our fault.
I AM A KNIGHT (fist straight up in the air)
KNIGHTS DO WHAT’S RIGHT (pound fist in hand)
I KNOW WHAT’S RIGHT (salute)
I WANT WHAT’S RIGHT (fist over heart)
I CAN DO WHAT’S RIGHT (fist forward)
WE ARE STRONG (make muscles)
WE USE OUR STRENGTH (hands on waist)
TO PROTECT THE WEAK (hands reaching down)
TO HELP OUR FRIENDS (hands straight out to the side)
TO SERVE THE CHURCH (hands forward, palms up)
TO HONOR GOD (hands up to heaven)
AMEN! (hands clasped together overhead)