Faith: Wise Risk
It would be wonderful if everyone knew how to find real happiness, glory, and relationships by believing in the same God Jesus did.
However, believing in God is not learning a fact, such as:
- 2 + 2 = 4
- Grass is green
- I prefer berry pie to chocolate cake
“I am D-Church,
You are D-Church,
We are D-Church together….”
God seems to be doing something new in the body of Christ.
A proposed process for fully fleshing-out the Six Syllable Gospel: as part of an accidental series on Childlike Theology:
- Join together to ask God to make us like Jesus.
- Interpret everything that happens as God answering that prayer.
- There is no step 3.
I belive the primary reason the church in America is not impacting the culture is that we expend most of our time, energy, and money doing many things badly instead of the right things well. We are amateurs competing against professional culture-makers.
To address this imbalance, I believe the church needs to “Go PRO.”
- Prioritize making disciples of Jesus who do all (and only what) He asks of them
- Recommission pastoral teams as missionaries to their community
- Outsource the business of church to professional management that does it efficiently at scale
I am confident this would unleash a flood of talent and resources that would turn the world upside down — or rather, right side up!
Part 3 of the Guilt–Grace-Gratitude musical trilogy, from my 1996 meditations on The Grace Cycle.