The Gospel: God Loves Us Like Jesus
You are an amazing person. You have a lot in common with other people, but there is nobody quite like you.
- You have a body. Head, fingers, toes, belly button.
- You have a soul. You think. You feel. You want.
- You have a spirit. You can reflect on your thoughts, feelings, and desires. You can decided what kind of person you want to be.
God is amazing. We are like God, but God is not like us.
- Our whole universe — including us! — is like a small part of God’s body.
- He knows everything that happens to us. He feels everything we feel. He wants us to know Him, and enjoy the life He give us..
- He has a Spirit that our spirits can talk to, and hear from.
Thank you that our family belongs to you.
We confess we need you to free us from our sin and shame so we can love like Jesus.
Give us the grace to:
- Trust you with our desires
- Face our fears
- Reflect on our anger
- Speak the truth in love, and
- Ask for help along the way
We ask this by the blood of Jesus, Amen.
Thank you for a new year at Valley Christian Elementary School.
Help our dog Qhuinn and us to adjust to our new life.
Lead us to honor you and care for other people.
Teach us to be kind, forgive, and grow closer as a family.
In Jesus name we pray, Amen.
Rohan: Alleluia! Sing with gladness on this holy, happy morning.
Anjali: Alleluia! Christ has risen on this joyous Easter morning.
A hardcore version of The Sinner’s Prayer. From a dream I had on December 26, 2015.
God, I am a f***ing sinner, and I deserve to die. Save me from myself. Do whatever you have to do to burn away all the sin in me, so that I can become like you. I ask this by the blood of Jesus, Amen.
The Dream Continue reading
Thank you for the new year, and new beginnings.
Please make us more like Jesus
So everyone will know how much you love them.
Lead Daddy to the right job.
Draw our family and church closer together.
And help us have fun!
We ask this in Jesus name, Amen.