She grumbles: “I didn’t want to be doing this. I should be having fun and using children.”
That was odd.
I ask, “Did you mean ‘having children’?”
Tag Archives: children
Mrs. Jesus: The Complete SeriesStandard
1/8 Limerick: Dis-OrphanedStandard
But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of GodJohn 1:12
When we live our life as orphans
We don’t see the need for chore-plans
But when you’re secure
It pays to mature
To share in the joys of your clans
12/14 Limerick: Ad-OptionsStandard
When we felt we had no more options
Christ offered us God-adoptions
Sets our hearts free
To love more like kings than like orphans
10/27 Limerick: Preceive the KingdomStandard
What childlikeness must we retrieve
If we would His Kingdom receive?
Our ego so proud
Must die in a shroud
As we live with heart on a sleeve
Mrs. Jesus #1/7: Blew MondayStandard
1 Corinthians 7:34 and his interests are divided. The unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the work of the Lord, how she can be holy in both body and spirit. But the married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world, how she can please her husband.
The scene is a cozy suburban house from the 1950s. Black and white, like in The Dick van Dyke Show or WandaVision. The door opens.
Jesus: Hi honey, I’m home!
I run into his arms and cling tightly to him.Continue reading
Slam: God TrainedStandard
Get on the God train
Let Him rewrite your brain
As we learn to disdain
All this world’s refrain
Three Dimensions of Christian IdentityStandard
- Position: We are already completely accepted as the Father’s beloved children
- Process: We are still becoming redemptive co-heirs with Jesus
- Perception: We develop this identity in (not from) community as we practice reconciliation by hearing and obeying the Spirt
Our adoption as Sons of God
Is a process
And letting go
Our family is staying at a tropical casino.
The kids are getting bored, so we start wandering towards the outside.
The casino is having their grand evening religious ritual.
The main hallway and staircase are lined with formally-dressed staff holding candles.
I am never sure if they are genuinely devout, or just putting on a pageant for the tourists.
Dream: Yellow Candy GraceStandard
My friend and I are hard-luck kids
In Sunday School
He’s dying of cancer.
The teachers try to take an offering
Of the bright yellow candy we both like
But rarely get
Playlist DBJ-SHON: Salome’s HonorStandard
Salome, the mother of James and John, and her complicated relationship to advancing the ministry of Jesus.Continue reading
Redeeming Aphrodite: All Hallows’ Eve (Part 9)Standard
Father and I have been taken prisoner by female guards.
I have no idea what is going on.
I wonder if we were betrayed by Hades, when he opened the Box in his Office.
Then I see Adam.
He no longer looks like a truant Child.
He looks like a Man who has stared Death in the eye.
And Death knelt at his feet and called him Master.
I hope he doesn’t do anything stupid.
Then I realize stupidity is inevitable, whenever Man sees Woman.
So instead I start to pray.
Pray he does the Right Stupid Thing.
Eve Continue reading
TGR-S2E6: Reversing EducationStandard
- What if education is the wrong paradigm?
- What if that is actually the problem, not the solution?
- What if it can only work via Cultural Superiority, deliberately marginalizing some in order to elevate others?
- What if flourishing in the Kingdom of Man ultimately makes us enemies of the Kingdom of God?
- What if teachers are only supposed to show what we have learned, without requiring others to agree?
- What if by eating at the Tree of the Knowledge, we have cut ourselves off from the Tree of Life?
- What if God is giving us a chance to start over?
Lesson 1/6: You and God (Anjali’s Catechism)Standard
The Gospel: God Loves Us Like Jesus
You are an amazing person. You have a lot in common with other people, but there is nobody quite like you.
- You have a body. Head, fingers, toes, belly button.
- You have a soul. You think. You feel. You want.
- You have a spirit. You can reflect on your thoughts, feelings, and desires. You can decide what kind of person you want to be.
God is amazing. We are like God, but God is not like us.
- Our whole universe — including us! — is like a small part of God’s body.
- He knows everything that happens to us. He feels everything we feel. He wants us to know Him, and enjoy the life He give us..
- He has a Spirit that our spirits can talk to, and hear from.
RohAnjali Respect PrayerStandard
We acknowledge you as our King.
Free us from sin so we can be happy with you
Teach us how to respect each other,
and help each other feel valuable,
So we can work together to spread your Kingdom.
We ask this by the blood of Jesus. Amen.
RohAnjali 2018 New Year’s PrayerStandard
Thank you that our family belongs to you.
We confess we need you to free us from our sin and shame so we can love like Jesus.
Give us the grace to:
- Trust you with our desires
- Face our fears
- Reflect on our anger
- Speak the truth in love, and
- Ask for help along the way
We ask this by the blood of Jesus, Amen.
RohAnjali 2016 School PrayerStandard
Thank you for a new year at Valley Christian Elementary School.
Help our dog Qhuinn and us to adjust to our new life.
Lead us to honor you and care for other people.
Teach us to be kind, forgive, and grow closer as a family.
In Jesus name we pray, Amen.
RohAnjali’s Easter PrayerStandard
Rohan: Alleluia! Sing with gladness on this holy, happy morning.
Anjali: Alleluia! Christ has risen on this joyous Easter morning.
The Criminal’s PrayerStandard
A hardcore version of The Sinner’s Prayer. From a dream I had on December 26, 2015.
God, I am a f***ing sinner, and I deserve to die. Save me from myself. Do whatever you have to do to burn away all the sin in me, so that I can become like you. I ask this by the blood of Jesus, Amen.
The Dream Continue reading
You must be logged in to post a comment.