This week on The Great Reset, we invite you to learn along with us as we try out a new practice of being cooperatively taught by God.
Question: How do we shift from intellectually studying God’s word to humbly obeying it?
Perspective: By submitting ourselves to be Discipled By Scripture together to Love More Like Jesus (“LMLJ”)
After welcoming each other and the Holy Spirit, ask: What this last week has been most exciting/challenging for you in Loving More Like Jesus? (particularly in light of last week’s Decision, if any)
- Reader: Reads the narrative aloud, then hides it
- Reteller: Paraphrases as much of the story as they remember
- Reinforcements: Fill in other aspects, as they remember
- Re-reader: Opens and re-reads the passage, leaving it open
Pause for a minute or two of silent reflection, then ask your neighbor: What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this passage about loving God/One another/Neighbor/Self/Enemies (“GONSE”) more like Jesus?
If you don’t see how they got that, just ask them: Where in this passage did you see that?
How do you plan to positively impact someone’s life this week with what you just learned?
Worship God for what He has done, and praise Him for what He will do this week through each of us
- Share I like/I wonder feedback (“ILIWF”) on how this session went
- Choose a facilitator for the next session
- Write down everyone’s Decision to review next week
- James 1:22 Be doers of the word, and not hearers only. Otherwise, you are deceiving yourselves.
- John 10:27 My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me.
- Revelation 2:29 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”
- Romans 8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
- 1 John 2:27 And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But just as His true and genuine anointing teaches you about all things, so remain in Him as you have been taught.
- Galatians 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. All that matters is faith, expressed through love.